What will be on the ballot?

View the Newspaper Composite

Who can register to vote?

To register you must:

  • be a U.S. Citizen and a Kentucky resident for at least 28 days
  • be at least 18 years old by the date of the next general election (if you will be 18 by the November general election, you are eligible to vote in the prior May primary election)
  • not be a convicted felon or, if convicted of a felony offense, you must have had your civil rights restored. Contact your local parole office to obtain an application for restoration of civil rights
  • not have been judged “mentally incompetent” in a court of law and have voting rights removed.
  • not claim the right to vote anywhere outside Kentucky

Where do I register to vote?

You can register at one of the following locations:

  • County clerk’s office
  • Driver’s license office, if you are applying for or renewing your driver’s license
  • K-TAP
  • Food Stamp
  • Medicaid
  • WIC, and state-funded offices serving those with disabilities, if you are a client of these offices
  • Armed forces recruitment offices, if you are a prospective member of the armed forces
  • High schools, if you are a student or staff member
  • Kentucky mail – in Voter Registration Card

The completed voter registration card must be mailed or returned at least 28 days prior to the election.

Must I choose a party when I register?

Kentucky has closed party primary elections.You must register as a Democrat or Republican to vote in that party’s May primary election. If you choose a different party registration other than Democrat or Republican, you cannot vote in their respective primaries, but may vote in nonpartisan city and judicial primaries.

All eligible voters can vote in the November general election or special election.

May I change my political party affiliation?

You may change your political party affiliation at any time on or before December 31 to remain eligible to vote in the following primary election. You simply need to fill out a new voter registration card and return it to your county clerk by the December 31 deadline.

 Am I eligible to vote in an election if I move?

To be eligible to vote refer to the appropriate situation below:

  • You move within the county. Notify the county clerk of your new address or update your driver’s license. The county clerk will tell you the location of your new voting precinct. If you do not do this before election day, you must go to the voting precinct of your new address to vote and update your voter registration address.
  • You move outside the county more than 28 days before election day: Update your voter registration address with the new county clerk or renew your driver’s license in the new county at least 29 days before the election. If you do not notify the county clerk in either your old county or your new county of residence 29 days prior to an election, you are not eligible to vote in either county.
  • You move outside the county less than 28 days before the election: You may vote in your previous county of residence for this election, but must register to vote in your new county of residence for future elections.
  • You temporarily reside outside of Kentucky, but are eligible to vote in Kentucky. You may vote by absentee ballot. Please see section regarding absentee ballots.

Edmonson County Precinct Locations, Spring 2017


A101 – Wingfield Wingfield Volunteer Fire Department 1780 Wingfield Church Road, Bowling Green, KY
A101 – South Edmonson South Edmonson Elementary School 1058 Chalybeate School Road, Bowling Green, KY
B101 – Edmonson County Middle School Edmonson County Middle School 220 Wildcat Way, Brownsville, KY
C101 – Cedar Springs Rocky Hill Volunteer Fire Department 1485 Rocky Hill Road, Rocky Hill, KY
C102 – Rocky Hill Rocky Hill Volunteer Fire Department 1485 Rocky Hill Road, Rocky Hill, KY
D101 – Kyrock Kyrock Elementary School 5720 KY Hwy 259 N, Sweeden, KY
E101 – Lincoln Lincoln Volunteer Fire Department 8525 Nolin Dam Road, Mammoth Cave, KY
F101 – Bear Creek Bear Creek Volunteer Fire Department 6265 Morgantown Road, Brownsville, KY

Is it necessary for me to notify the county clerk when I change my name?

Yes, it is very important that the county clerk has the most up-to-date information on you as possible. There are three ways for you to update your voter registration when you change your name: renew or update your driver’s license;  notify the county clerk by writing or visiting their office; or by filling out a new voter registration card.

All voters must produce identification or be known by a precinct officer prior to voting. KRS117.227 and 31 KAR 4:010 provide the types of ID that can be used by the voter such as: Personal acquaintance of precinct officer, Driver’s license, Social Security card, credit card, or another form of ID containing both picture and signature.

County Clerk Resources

Record Search

Edmonson County Record Search – Search by Name, File Number, or Document Images

Powered by eCCLIX

Tax Master

Tax Search provided by Data Design Inc.

Delinquent Tax Form Registration

If you would like to register for the delinquent tax sale please download the following form and give to your county clerk.

Download Form

2021 Delinquent Tax Information

Kevin Alexander
Edmonson County
Clerk's Office

(270) 597-2624
(270) 597-9714
108 N. Main Street,
P.O. Box 830
Brownsville, KY 42210
Office Hours
Monday-Wednesday: 8:00-4:00
Thursday: 8:00-Noon
Friday: 8:00-5:00
Saturday: 8:00-Noon